|We are less than 3 weeks away and we hope you are staying healthy. The bulk of your training is now done and these last 3 weeks are critical to put the final touches on all of your hard work. What does that mean? Here are 5 tips from Without Limits that can help you get to the start line healthy.
1. Don’t increase volume at this point in your training. You have done the work, this week should be your first week of slight decrease in miles.
2. Your last long run should NOT be the farthest. You can still run long this weekend, but don’t make it your longest run of the training cycle. That is a rookie mistake.
3. Take your vitamins! One of our sponsors RUNNERS DAILY VITAMIN is a good choice to make sure your body is performing and recovering at its best. RDV has essential vitamins to keep your immune system healthy such as 100% of Zinc, IRON, B-Vitamins, and Vitamin D3. It also has a proprietary herbal endurance blend to help you increase endurance and recover!
4. Get a Massage. Schedule a deep tissue massage, but not right before a hard workout or a long run. Be sure the day after your massage is an easy run.
5. Stay hydrated. Its still winter, and runners tend to skimp on fluids when its cool out. Your body still needs them. Keep sipping!
A PRE-RACE ATHLETE PACKET WILL COME OUT FRIDAY MARCH 13th WITH ALL RACE WEEKEND INFORMATION. STAY TUNED!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Looking forward to a fantastic 2020 year and see you March 20-21st, 2020!
We are excited to have Wicked Weed Brewing’s Coastal Love IPA for the finishers at this years events. The second beer to hit distribution in our Beers that Build series, a portion of the proceeds for this juicy IPA are donated to hurricane relief efforts in the Southeast. Learn more